Kindergarten is an exciting time for students and parents.
- KB – Mrs Jill Jackson
- KG – Ms Clare Munro
- KY – Ms Karen Deli
Jill Jackson – Assistant Principal and Kindergarten Stage Supervisor
Kindergarten is an exciting time for students and parents. We extend a warm welcome to all new families and families with siblings in other year groups.
In Kindergarten we focus on core skills in literacy and numeracy while integrating aspects of the other Key Learning Areas.
Some aspects covered in Literacy
- Developing sound and sight word recognition
- Developing reading skills and strategies
- Experimenting with independent writing
- Handwriting—developing correct formation of letters and pencil grip
Aspects covered in Numeracy
- Reading and writing numbers to 20
- Counting to 20 and beyond
- Describing and continuing patterns (shapes, colours, and sounds)
- Beginning work on addition and subtraction strategies
- Sharing and grouping objects
- Fractions (equal halves)
- 2D Shapes
- Language of measurement including time and length